Tuesday 17th October
Tollesbury Parish Rooms
A variety of choral music sung in four parts
by your local vocalists:
The Tollesbury Singers
Tickets on the door £8
Refreshments and Raffle
Essex and Herts.
Your local life-saving charity
“Go Yellow” For Essex!
Friday 20th October
9 am to 11 am
To Support Essex Air Ambulance
Charity number 1108989
Salcott cum Virley
Sunday 22nd October
GOODIES AND GIFTS
A sale of cakes produce and
good quality pre-owned items
Salcott Village Hall
2 pm to 4 pm
Refreshments will be available
If you have any items you could donate please drop them off with a member of the fundraising team:
Angela Coates, Woodhay, 2a, Mell Road, Tollesbury
Gill Ramsay, De Guidnes, Chapel Road
Also, but only up until 18th October
Ed Heigham, 87 East Street, Tollesbury
Sunday 22nd of October
Brian Cox, Miranda Richardson
Covering the period
leading up to the
Including a Cream Tea
869589 or (07792) 741362
Tollesbury Sailing Club
Saturday 4th November at 20:00 hrs
Around Ireland in a 22 ft Gaff Cutter
Alison and Julian Cable
… a service
where we remember
those we love
Sunday 5th November
St Mary The Virgin
Friday 10th November
7:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Fun and Gifts for Christmas
Crafts, Sweets, Jewellery, Animal Balloons, Make-up,
Handmade Crafts, Usborne Books, Keyrings,
Ornaments, Cards, Cushions and lots more …
Raffle And Refreshments Too!
Come along and buy your gifts in time for Christmas
Fun for all family
In Aid of
For more details contact
Keeley - (07808) 666799
Alli - (07874) 068391
Alison - (07756) 176978
The Edinburgh Woolen Mill
Monday 13th November
Tollesbury WI is hosting a fashion show
by Edinburgh Woolen Mill.
Clothing can be purchased on the night
and light refreshments are included
in the price of the ticket
Tickets cost £5 and can be
Purchased from The Lighthouse
9th October to 30th October
9:15 am to 12:30 pm
2 pm to 4 pm
Saturday 9:15 am to 12:30 pm
Would you like to help protect local and national wildlife whilst having fun and meeting like minded people?
Here at Old Hall Marshes near Tollesbury we're looking for enthusiastic, friendly volunteers to join our team. At our weekly work parties you'll have a chance to meet others and share your enthusiasm for nature, learn about wildlife and gain an insight into the RSPB's conservation work.
Old Hall Marshes is one of the last remaining stretches of undisturbed ancient grazing marsh throughout Essex. The reserve is a haven for a range of wildlife from tens of thousands of wintering waders and wildfowl to rare damselflies and nationally scarce plants.
We need your help carrying out practical work on the reserve to help look after this special place. Working as part of the team will require good practical and problem solving skills. You'll help manage reedbeds to help species such as bearded tit, replace fencing and gateways, and cut and clear vegetation on the grazing marsh to provide better nesting and feeding areas for breeding waders such as lapwing and redshank.
Our work parties will run every Thursday from October until March. We're aware that everyone has commitments so if you can't make every session don't worry, we would still love to hear from you! We'll be running a taster day on Thursday 15 October, please come along to give it a try (booking essential).
Who to contact
To book onto the taster day or to find out more about volunteering with the RSPB please contact Neil Lincoln on 01621 869015 or drop us an email at email@example.com
To read the "essential content" of the full news letter outlining a 5 to 7 year consultation process select the pdf file for the letter.
- General Election June 2017
- County Council Elections May 2017
- Bradwell Concerns 2014
- Application Refused
- Dormouse Survey
- Air Ambulance
- Church Vacancy
- Election Results 2015
- Priti Patel Promotions
- Cryotech Firm Relocation
- BT Openreach Landline Fault (Aug 28 – Sept 02 2014)
- Radio Caroline relocates to the Blackwater
- Alternative (Wireless) Superfast Broadband Launch
- Tollesbury Neighbourhood Planning
- Superfast Landline Fibre Broadband
- Police and Crime Commissioner Election 2016: Essex
News and Notes
It is reported that Maldon District Council is to support the construction of two new Nuclear Power stations near Bradwell.
A reason given is to provide a boost to the local economy.
December 2015 Progress Report &
Recent Letter to the Local Community
Local Interest, Transport, Weather, Education, Government, Enterprise, Directories, Reference, Notes, Time, Contact
|Bus Connections - Hedingham Omnibuses - Timetables|
|Rail Connections - Witham, UK - Timetable Enquires|
|Met Office UK Weather Forecasts|
|Met Office Shipping Forecasts|
|Walton-on-the-Naze ~ XTide Predictor|
|Admiralty UK EasyTide 6 Day Predictor ~ Select for Osea or Bradwell on Sea|
If using Walton-on-the-Naze Prediction then
for Tollesbury add 28 min (c. 1/2 hr)
E.g. If High Tide at Walton-on-Naze is 9:00, Then High Tide at Tollesbury is 9:28 (c. 9:30)
Alternatively install XTide software and select for Osea
|Tollesbury County Primary School|
|St. Nicholas CE VA Primary School, Tolleshunt D'Arcy|
|Plume School, Maldon|
|Thurstable School, Tiptree|
|Ofsted Reports (Office for Standards In Education)|
|School and College Performance Tables (Department for Education & Skills)|
|Essex County Council|
|Maldon District Council|
|Chelmsford City Council|
|Colchester Borough Council|
|Government services and information|
Local Enterprise Links
Names & Brief Descriptions
E.g. File Manager/All Files/ Device Storage/Download -- Settings/ Security -- Suggest restoring security settings after installation.
If an app repeatdly loads incorrectly it may be remedied easliy by going to the Settings / Applications manager and clearing the cache and data and stopping the program - but proceed with care. An app can also be unistalled and reinstalled.
(1) In some circumstances it may be necessary to redirect to http://www.tollesbury.weebly.com .
(2) To access other elements you may need to be shockwave and java enabled. Search for shockwave or java and select appropriate links and downloads.
(3) To use your own email for contact (to allow pictures etc.) select here Contact Tollesbury Informer by your email
(4) Tollesbury Informer is a completely independent website. If you have any issues of concern please use the Contact Form.
(5) This is the new site for Tollesbury.com ("Tollesbury Informer"). It was becoming increasingly difficult and expensive to update the former site. So long as it remains in existence it may be obtained by selecting Former Site.
(6) The proliferation of browsers and operating systems means that not all processes may apply or apply correctly.
(7) There may be sometimes anomalies at present in the operation of mobile versions (Date 18 May 2014) and apps. An attempt is being made to address these.
(8) Most external links are not adapted for mobiles.
(9) Since September the meter below has been recording page visits as opposed to site visits.