Monday 14 th May 2018
The Parish Rooms
The Gardens of Easton Lodge
Competition: Photograph of Your Garden
"Here for The Community"
Annual General Meeting
Tollesbury Activity Centre
Tuesday 15 th May 2018
Garden Open for Charity
Pages Lane, Tolleshunt D’Arcy, Maldon CM9 8AB
Friday 18 May
Sunday 20 May
11 am – 5 pm
Adults £4, Children free
Plants for sale
More information at https://www.ngs.org.uk/
Saturday 23 rd June
A Two Course Meal
Bring your own drink.
Bring some 50 p pieces for the games.
W.I. Fund Raiser for out Centenary
TKTs available in The Lighthouse
Enquiries to Judy Crees 01621 869 730
Sue Harrington 07745 409 777
Saturday 14th July
12.00 pm – 7.30 pm
Entry Adults £10 / Kids Free
Tollesbury Fire & Rescue Service
Are you aged over 18 and physically fit?
Live or work within 5 minutes of Tollesbury Fire Station?
Want to be paid for making your community safer?
Find out more:
01376 576 698
Essex County Fire & Rescue Service
Watercolours, Cards, Coasters & Magnets
The Lighthouse, East Street,
Tollesbury, CM9 8QE
1 st May – 31 st May 2018
Open Monday – Friday
9.15 am – 12.30 pm &
2.00 pm – 4.30 pm
9.15 am – 12.30 pm
Primary School Admissions
NB There are significant changes
from previous years
Apply On Time!
Parents of children born during the period
1 September 2013 to 31 August 2014
can apply for primary school places between
13 November 2017 and 15 January 2018
Apply online at
The Parish Council is planning to upgrade some of the items of play equipment at the Recreation Ground over the next few years.
We are looking for people to help raise funds towards the new equipment. If you would be willing to organise/ assist with fund raising events, please contact the Parish Clerk, Michelle Curtis, on
01621 869 039 or
A new gallery
showing work by artists
in Tollesbury and the marshes
2 East Street, Tollesbury, CM9 8QD
Open from Saturday 03 Feb 2018:
Saturdays 10 am to 12 (noon)
@whimbrelart on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Would you like to help protect local and national wildlife whilst having fun and meeting like minded people?
Here at Old Hall Marshes near Tollesbury we're looking for enthusiastic, friendly volunteers to join our team. At our weekly work parties you'll have a chance to meet others and share your enthusiasm for nature, learn about wildlife and gain an insight into the RSPB's conservation work.
Old Hall Marshes is one of the last remaining stretches of undisturbed ancient grazing marsh throughout Essex. The reserve is a haven for a range of wildlife from tens of thousands of wintering waders and wildfowl to rare damselflies and nationally scarce plants.
We need your help carrying out practical work on the reserve to help look after this special place. Working as part of the team will require good practical and problem solving skills. You'll help manage reedbeds to help species such as bearded tit, replace fencing and gateways, and cut and clear vegetation on the grazing marsh to provide better nesting and feeding areas for breeding waders such as lapwing and redshank.
Our work parties will run every Thursday from October until March. We're aware that everyone has commitments so if you can't make every session don't worry, we would still love to hear from you! We'll be running a taster day on Thursday 15 October, please come along to give it a try (booking essential).
Who to contact
To book onto the taster day or to find out more about volunteering with the RSPB please contact Neil Lincoln on 01621 869015 or drop us an email at email@example.com
To read the "essential content" of the full news letter outlining a 5 to 7 year consultation process select the pdf file for the letter.
- General Election June 2017
- County Council Elections May 2017
- Bradwell Concerns 2014
- Application Refused
- Dormouse Survey
- Air Ambulance
- Church Vacancy
- Election Results 2015
- Priti Patel Promotions
- Cryotech Firm Relocation
- BT Openreach Landline Fault (Aug 28 – Sept 02 2014)
- Radio Caroline relocates to the Blackwater
- Alternative (Wireless) Superfast Broadband Launch
- Tollesbury Neighbourhood Planning
- Superfast Landline Fibre Broadband
- Police and Crime Commissioner Election 2016: Essex
News and Notes
It is reported that Maldon District Council is to support the construction of two new Nuclear Power stations near Bradwell.
A reason given is to provide a boost to the local economy.
December 2015 Progress Report &
Recent Letter to the Local Community
Local Interest, Transport, Weather, Education, Government, Enterprise, Directories, Reference, Notes, Time, Contact
|Bus Connections - Hedingham Omnibuses - Timetables|
|Rail Connections - Witham, UK - Timetable Enquires|
|Met Office UK Weather Forecasts|
|Met Office Shipping Forecasts|
|Walton-on-the-Naze ~ XTide Predictor|
|Admiralty UK EasyTide 6 Day Predictor ~ Select for Osea or Bradwell on Sea|
If using Walton-on-the-Naze Prediction then
for Tollesbury add 28 min (c. 1/2 hr)
E.g. If High Tide at Walton-on-Naze is 9:00, Then High Tide at Tollesbury is 9:28 (c. 9:30)
Alternatively install XTide software and select for Osea
|Tollesbury County Primary School|
|St. Nicholas CE VA Primary School, Tolleshunt D'Arcy|
|Plume School, Maldon|
|Thurstable School, Tiptree|
|Ofsted Reports (Office for Standards In Education)|
|School and College Performance Tables (Department for Education & Skills)|
|Essex County Council|
|Maldon District Council|
|Chelmsford City Council|
|Colchester Borough Council|
|Government services and information|
Local Enterprise Links
Names & Brief Descriptions
E.g. File Manager/All Files/ Device Storage/Download -- Settings/ Security -- Suggest restoring security settings after installation.
If an app repeatdly loads incorrectly it may be remedied easliy by going to the Settings / Applications manager and clearing the cache and data and stopping the program - but proceed with care. An app can also be unistalled and reinstalled.
(1) In some circumstances it may be necessary to redirect to http://www.tollesbury.weebly.com .
(2) To access other elements you may need to be shockwave and java enabled. Search for shockwave or java and select appropriate links and downloads.
(3) To use your own email for contact (to allow pictures etc.) select here Contact Tollesbury Informer by your email
(4) Tollesbury Informer is a completely independent website. If you have any issues of concern please use the Contact Form.
(5) This is the new site for Tollesbury.com ("Tollesbury Informer"). It was becoming increasingly difficult and expensive to update the former site. So long as it remains in existence it may be obtained by selecting Former Site.
(6) The proliferation of browsers and operating systems means that not all processes may apply or apply correctly.
(7) There may be sometimes anomalies at present in the operation of mobile versions (Date 18 May 2014) and apps. An attempt is being made to address these.
(8) Most external links are not adapted for mobiles.
(9) Since September the meter below has been recording page visits as opposed to site visits.